Thursday, November 1, 2007

Keys to the Cross

So alive yet so dead
Gone back to thinking
Back down through the walls
Through the corridors of my life
Where once upon a time
Hope did not exist

Down this hall
I venture only to discover
There are many doors
Lining this corridor
Along the corridor
I found the key
To unlock one of the doors.

I open the door with the key
Inside what I find is astonishing.
I find the key to life by just opening the door
With the key I found in the corridor
This key is knowledge
The door is my heart

So alive yet so dead
Before Lord entered the corridor of my life
Entering into the door of my heart
Through the Key of the Cross
I was so lost
Yet now I’m found
No longer dead only dead to sin
Alive unto God through Your shed blood

Down at your feet
Sweet surrender is the song of my heart
You said the fear of the Lord
Is the beginning of all wisdom
Knowledge of the Holy One is understanding
Here we come to worship You the Lord
In fear and trembling we bow at Your Throne
To worship the Lord
Who has the keys of death and life
All praise, honor and glory be unto Him.

1 comment:

Emily Moews said...

wow, that's beautiful.

Duck Hunt! Chyeah!